Iran Persian Farsi Solicitor London

At Mansouri & Son Solicitors we are able to offer clients expert representation in many areas of law in England & Wales.

For Farsi or Persian speaking clients our services include a fluent Farsi or Persian speaking solicitor which can assist greatly in many aspects of the law and legal proceedings.

Should you require a Persian or Farsi speaking solicitor, please make this clear when booking your initial appointment and we will do everything possible to ensure that your request is accommodated.

In addition to Farsi and Persian speaking Iranians, we are able to arrange for translation and interpretation in many other languages.

To discuss your requirements please call 020 8401 7352 during working hours or email us at

Parental Rights of Unmarried Fathers

Parental Rights of Unmarried Fathers


In England & Wales 1 in 3 children are born outside of marriage. This leads to no end of complications and problems for the unmarried fathers, many of whom end up with less rights and entitlements than the child’s mother. In most instances this is not a problem and the parents will work their way around this, whether or not they decide to stay together in a relationship. But of course, when it goes wrong, it often goes very wrong and it’s then that dad’s can be left ‘not holding the baby’. If you are reading this article, chances are you are a dad who is missing out on sharing a life with your child, due to relationship breakdown with someone to whom you were not married at the time of the child’s birth.

Unfortunately in the eyes of the law being the biological father of a child does not automatically give you any automatic rights. Parents usually have what is called parental responsibility over a child. This is the legal term which describes the rights and responsibilities of being a parent of a child. Parental responsibility can be obtained by the consent of the mother, but what if mum is unwilling to consent and unwilling even to admit that you are the father of the child. Mother’s are in a far stronger position here as mum’s automatically qualify for parental responsibility. Gaining parental responsibility means that you are responsible for looking after your child. It also means many other things too like having the right to have a say on many important issues relating to the child’s upbringing and welfare including the child’s education, medical care, choice of religion of the child and also choosing your own child’s name.

The Law regarding the parental responsibility of Fathers has changed a while back. In order for the father of the child to automatically obtain parental responsibility, he must be married to the mother of the child at the time of child’s birth. If the child was born after the 1st December 2003 and dad’s name is on the birth certificate then the father will qualify for parental responsibility. If the child was born before the 1st December 2003 and dad’s name was not on the birth certificate or the father was not married to the mother of the child then the Father will not automatically gain.

If the Father has not been automatically assigned parental responsibility then we can assist in obtaining this through the courts. The courts will always view the welfare of the child as the most important factor. This puts the child first which is what most responsible parents would want anyway. So if you are faced with a situation where the mother of your child is not being accommodating in your desire to take part in the upbringing of your child, you may need expert legal assistance. That is where we can help. We face situations like this and indeed far more complicated than this on a daily basis and we have in place the expertise and experience to assist you in resolving those issues and working toward a more balanced parenting regime where the only real and paramount consideration is the welfare of your child.

If you feel that you need some legal advice on your rights as a father, contact us on 020 8401 7352 to discuss your situation in the utmost confidence with a member of our specialist Family Law team. Alternatively you can send us an email at and a member of the Family Law team will do their very best to answer your questions and offer you an appointment.

Please note that we provide a highly personalised, specialised and boutique legal service and representation in Family Law matters, in all courts in England & Wales. As such we do not undertake Legal Aid work

What is Public Law and Judicial Review?

What is public law? 

Public law is the law relating to the exercise of power by public bodies. It is a specialised area of the law. Almost everybody is affected by public law, whether or not they are aware of it.

What are public bodies?

There are many public bodies of various kinds. Public bodies make decisions every day which affect the lives of millions of individuals. Simple examples of public bodies include local authorities, Government ministries, the Prison Service, NHS Trusts, coroners’ courts, minsiters and even Parliament itself. There are literally hundreds of public bodies and it is almost impossible to list them all. Public bodies make decisions which affect us all and sometimes those decisions are ‘unreasonable’ or simply unlawful. In England & Wales we are lucky in that we can challenge decisions of public bodies where we feel that these are unreasonable or unlawful decisions or where the decision making process was flawed. It may be a decision again the local authority plans to extend a motorway, through to the decision to deny someone a legal remedy, or housing or the right to live somewhere. Public law covers all the decisions made by public bodies. Citizens can seek redress for some of these bad decisions through the courts. Public law provides various ‘remedies’ that can be applied for through the courts.

What are public law remedies?

Public law remedies include many procedures by which citizens can challenge the legality of decisions made by public bodies. These often comprise of the following:

  • Judicial review: court proceedings in which a judge is asked to review the lawfulness or reasonableness of a decision made by a public body or an official acting for a public body;
  • Complaints procedures; and
  • Ombudsman schemes such as the Local Government Ombudsman, and the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration as well as many others.

What can we do to help?

Mansouri Solicitors specialise is all aspects of public law and Judicial Review proceedings. We also have a franchise in Public Law from the Legal Services Commission which allows us to grant Legal Aid to certain individuals to pursue their claims in public law through the courts. Of course Legal Aid in public law is subject to various requirements, but we will discuss those details with clients, when the time comes. Public Law is often the solution for some of the most disadvantaged people in society and it can offer a very powerful remedy. In our opinion, public law isthe cornerstone of a democracy. It allows any citizen to challenge a decision of a public body which can often seem to be a daunting challenge. Some people refer to public law as the ‘poor man’s law’. In a way it is because it allows very ordinary people to challenge decisions made by very powerful people. Public law is the essence of what makes us all ‘equal’.

If you are facing the consequences of what you perceiveto be a ‘bad’ or ‘unreasonable’ decision by a public body, call us on 020 8401 7352 for a free consultation with an expert solicitor and where we feel that we can offer you help, we will arrange an appointment to see you to discuss the matter and we may even be able to offer you Legal Aid in this very special area of law.

The Family Procedure Rules 2010

We are providing you with this page so that you can download a complete copy of the Family Procedure Rules 2010

However; if you need any assistance in relation to a Family Law matter including Divorce or Children Act 1989 proceedings in England & Wales, we offer a free 30 minute telephone consultation to assist you. Call us during office hours on 020 8401 7352 for your own personal free advice session, in the strictest confidence.

Do you need a divorce solicitor

Do You Need a Divorce Solicitor?

Probably the first question anyone facing diorce will ask themselves is, do I need a divorce lawyer to handle everything for me?  Have you ever searched for ‘divorce solicitors’ on Google? Well try it and see what comes up. Thousands upon thousands of divorce service providers ranging from expert family law solicitors through to cheapie online divorce sites offering a do-it-yourself divorce for less money than an outdated second hand mobile phone. It’s horses for courses out there! In some cases, these cheapie online form fillers might be a viable option for you and one that just may save you money. In most cases though they will frustrate you, complicate issues, never be accessible by phone, answer emails in obscure terms and surely demand more money from you for asking questions. Also, most of the cheapest of the cheap are not even lawyers, so as soon as the divorce starts getting remotely complicated, they will quickly send you and email advising you to take your case elsewhere. That’s where we solicitors come in. We are the experts in family law. You may not like it, but cost usually defines quality. Cheap is cheap for a reason! However; please don’t getthe impression that we mind all that much. After all, as specialists we prefer to provide our services to clients who can differentiate between solicitors and online form sellers.

Nevertheless, we accept that there are situations when you just might get the result you want without a solicitor, so we are providing this short guide to help you decide for yourself whether you need a lawyer or you can just do-it-yourself.

Do You Absolutely Need a Lawyer or Solicitor for Your Divorce or Custody Case? 

The fact is your interests will always be better represented by a solicitor. You already know that. Just like your car will always be better serviced by a mechanic rather than a butcher. But are there times when self-representation is, perhaps, “good enough“.

The following are some very general guidelines about the safest situations in which you might choose to represent yourself and the riskiest situations where self-representation is likely to result in problems. Remember, only you can decide ultimately what is best for you. Don’t buy a product because it is cheap, buy it because you need it and you know that it is fit for it’s purpose.

Safest do-it-yourself cases: 

  1. A short marriage where both parties worked throughout the marriage, earn similar salaries, have no minor children together and have accumulated no property together�
  2. A short marriage in which neither partner worked steadily or earns much money, there are no minor children together and the parties have accumulated no property�
  3. A marriage in which both partners worked throughout the marriage and earn similar salaries, have accumulated limited property together and where both parties are on decent talking terms and are excellent, involved parents to their minor children and, each parent wants the other parent to stay very involved in the life of their children
  4. A marriage in which neither partner works steadily or earns much money, they have accumulated no property and both parties are excellent, involved parents to their minor children and, each parent wants the other parent to stay very involved in the life of their children
  5. Any marriage in which the partners have no children together and they are aware of and able to agree on how to divide all property�
  6. Any marriage in which the parties are able to agree on how to divide all property, their agreement provides adequately for the care of the children and reasonable contact arrangements are agreed�

Riskiest do-it-yourself cases (or Do Yourself a Big Favour and Figure Out A Way to Retain an Expert Solicitor): 

  • the matrimonial assets are considerable
  • the parties cannot agree on anything
  • the parties own more than one property
  • there are allegations of fraud, deceipt or misconduct by either partner
  • there are overseas properties or assets or income
  • the marriage has been a long marriage
  • either partner has contributed disproportionately to the marriage
  • either partner owns or runs a business or has a limited company
  • either partner stands to inherit or has inherited under a Will
  • either partner has a criminal record
  • either partner is accused of domestic violence
  • either partner is accused of sexual abuse
  • either partner is accused of non-physical abuse or harassment (verbal, emotional, psychological, psychic, etc.)
  • either partner is neglectful and/or irresponsible
  • either partner suffers from mental illness
  • either partner has a physical disability or other significant health issue
  • either partner does not have mental capacity
  • either partner abuses legal or illegal substances
  • either partner is accused of poor parenting
  • either partner has an uncertain immigration status
  • either partner is on the verge of bankruptcy
  • either partner owns a privately held business
  • either partner has a history of avoiding financial obligations
  • either partner is believed to be hiding assets orthere are allegations of financial impropriety
  • either partner is believed to work for cash payments
  • either partner has a history of refusal to work for a living
  • either partner is planning to move to another country
  • either partner has threatened to abduct the children
  • either partner has tried to limit or interfere with custody or contact with the children
  • either partner has badmouthed the other to the children
  • either partner has stated that the other is able to support the children without assistance
  • either partner has indicated that they will avoid providing any financial support, even if the court orders it
  • either partner is just painfully disagreeable just for the sake of it
  • the other partner’s lawyer is consistently extremely aggressive, contentious and intimidating
  • the case has already started and the judge has strongly advised you to seek legal representation
  • the case has already started and the judge really doesn’t seem to be seeing things your way at all
  • or; you just simply feel overwhelmed and confused…

Please note that this article contains only general information and does not comprise specific legal advice. If you wish to discuss any aspect of your matter with an expert family law solicitor, we offer a free 30 minute telephone consultation on 020 8401 7352 which may prove to be the best call you ever made. It’s not cheap, it is simply free! By the end of the consultation you will know pretty well where you stand and what, if anything, you have to gain from instructing an expert family law solicitor over an online divorce form filler.