Complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman for Delays to Home Office Visa Applications

Before taking this step, you ought to have first tried to consult your local MP to ask if they will assist you in your complaint to the Home Office for delays in deciding your visa application.

If your local MP is unable to assist you in rectifying the delays via a letter to the Home Office, you may also ask them to forward the complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

It is important to note that this step can only be taken if you have taken all previous steps from UKVI’s complaint process. Official guidelines from the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman state that “As we are the final stage for unresolved complaints, we usually expect you to complain to the organisation you are unhappy with first. This is so that it has the chance to look into your concerns and, where needed, put things right for you.

follow each of these steps, starting from the first, in order. It is important that you take these steps when complaining about the Home Office:

  1. My Visa Application is Delayed – What Can I Do?
  2. Home Office Compensation for Delays in Processing Visa & Immigration Applications
  3. How to Chase a Delayed UK Visa & Immigration Application
  4. Contact UK Visas and Immigration for Assistance
  5. Complain about UKVI
  6. Contact your local MP
  7. Complain to Parliamentary and health Service Ombudsman
  8. Pre-Action Protocol Letter
  9. Judicial Review