Applying for a UK visa from Australia
During March 2014, VFS Global will take over running the visa application service in Australia.
New UK visa application centres will open in:
The British High Commission or British consulates will no longer provide a visa biometric enrolment service.
You can choose to buy a priority visa service to fast track your application. Priority applications will be placed at the front of the queue to be processed. The priority service fee is £100 for non-settlement applications and £300 for settlement applications. You can only pay for the service online before visiting the biometric enrolment centre. You must bring your priority visa service receipt with you when you attend your appointment. You cannot purchase the priority service at the biometric enrolment centre in Adelaide.
Use of the priority visa service is optional and does not imply or guarantee that your visa application will be successful. All visa applicants must meet the requirements of the UK Immigration Rules. The fee for the priority service and the visa application fee are not refundable if your visa application is refused.
Priority service processing times
We aim to process all non-settlement priority visa service applications made in Australia within 5 working days and all settlement applications made in Australia within 10 working days.
Your application may take longer if you:
- do not include the priority service receipt with your application, or you submit it afterwards. Please ensure this receipt is stapled to the front of the application form, and write ‘priority’ on the front of your envelope
- have previously been refused a visa for the UK, or refused leave to enter the UK
- have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK
- have overstayed a period of leave in the UK
- have previously been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA or the Schengen countries
- have been convicted of a criminal offence in any country
- do not submit all relevant documentation with your application
If you are wanting to apply for a UK visa from Australia and you suspect that your application may take longer due to any of the reasons listed above or for some other reason then you may well benefit from having expert legal advice and assistance. We are specialists in all aspects of UK immigration law and policy and provide a boutique service to select clients. Email us your enquiry to email@example.com and we will respond promptly with sensible and useful advice.